Thursday, August 20, 2009

Swedish Blood Libel Author: 'I Have No Clue'


Backspin
19 August 09

Donald Bostrom, who wrote the Aftonbladet story accusing Israel of harvesting Palestinian organs, now says he has no idea if the story is true. The Jerusalem Postwrites:

"I have a personal opinion, it concerns me that it's true," Donald Bostrom, who penned the story, told Israel Radio en route to an emergency meeting at the editorial offices Aftonbladet, presumably to discuss the aftermath of the report.

"I was [present] during the interview that night, I was a witness. It concerns me to the extent that I want it to be investigated," Bostrom told the station. "But whether it's true or not - I have no idea, I have no clue."

But Aftonbladet's digging in it's heels.

Asa Linderborg, an editor of the newspaper's culture section which printed the story, told Haaretz that the publication "stands behind the demand for an international inquiry."

Whatever happened to fact-checking and independently verifying sources?

Related: IDF accused of harvesting....

No comments:

Post a Comment